Are There Alternative Way's To Sanitize My Shoes
The SteriShoe UV Shoe Sanitizer is widely recommended by doctors and people everywhere. It is recommended by Dr. Oz, has been featured on network televisions shows such as The Doctors, and featured in magazines such as InStyle (March 2013), HGTV Magazine (March 2013) and Healthy Feet Magazine (8/25/12). However, some people wonder if there are alternative way's to achieve the same results.
This is a complicated question, the answer to which is yes and no. Some people will say you can put your shoes in the freezer, others will recommend putting your shoes in the washing machine. On the pharmacy shelf you will likely see powders or spray's that claim to disinfect your shoes. There are multiple problems with these compounds:
- Freezing your shoes has not been clinically proven to destroy the germs inside the shoe. It may temporarily reduce odor, but that's a big maybe also! Besides, do you really want your gym shoes next to tomorrow's dinner?
- Placing shoes in washing machines can destroy the shoe. It may still look OK, however the biomechanical support the shoe was meant to provide is damaged.
- They are chemically based. Would you wash your socks with a chemical and not rinse it out? How are you getting the chemical out of the shoe? Most likely you are not and your feet will bathe in the chemicals included in the product. Even if you allow the shoe to "dry out" after using one of these products, the sweat from your feet will reconstitute the chemicals. Remember each human foot has more than 250,000 sweat glands and sweats up to eight ounces per day!
- Many of the products available at retail stores contain products and chemicals that are known to be toxic. Often they will say "not for application on the human body" or "use in a well ventilated area" in tiny print somewhere on the packaging. Some products may even use formalin which is known to cause cancer and is the chemical used to preserve specimens in medical labs!
- Chemical products can be harmful to you, but also the material of your shoes!
SteriShoe UV Shoe Sanitizer is the ONLY clinically proven, doctor recommended, chemical free way to destroy organisms in your shoes.